I am going to share an article I got from a friend. It came as a BC and gosh… I’m impatient with BC senders.. Cool though that I read this one. …….touched me a little. I will comment in parentheses.
“The Rate at which marriages collapse these days is assuming a social status symbol in our society. In no time, people will be throwing divorce parties, invite friends and well-wishers to celebrate their divorce anniversaries; they will choose aso-ebi, hire a hall and popular musicians and all (my God!!!!! All that trouble!!). Even a question like “So when are you getting divorced?” will become common (wide-eyed!!!!).
Here come the advise:
1. If you know you can’t handle the weight and pressures of marriage, please remain single.
2. If you don’t know what marriage is all about, please remain single until you do.
3. If you are getting married because of the things you desire or hope to gain from the other person, please remain single.
4. If you know you can’t be faithful, remain single.
5. If you can’t endure insults from one another, please remain single.
6. If you can’t forgive one another’s wrongs, please remain single.
7. If you can’t place your spouse above every other human being, please remain single!
8. Don’t get married out of desperation. “All my friends are getting married” is the most foolish (st-ooo-peed-est) reason to get married!
9. If you desire a successful home, but your choice of friends are forces not to reckon with, think again. Be very mindful of where you go for advice; Many would give, but not all mean well (noted)!
10. Guys, if you know you can’t put your wife ahead of your ego, please remain single till you are mature. Your wife is your priority…..and EVERYTHING else including you comes last. You are the teacher, the guide, the bodyguard, the role model (you are not a deity or God. So do not expect to b worshiped). U need respect, earn it by being responsible (word)!
11. Ladies, if you know you can’t be submissive please don’t go into marriage so you’re not turned to a punching bag! If you know you can’t stand being corrected, please remain single. Ladies check your domestic score card; if your score is 0, please stay in your parents’ house (kikikikiki).
Now, the last advice from me (wide grin)…. Now that you have read this to the end, find what applies to you and work on it… You have no idea how many points I scored here (wink wink)…